May 27, 2008 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Lunch for Life Purple Cow Shake-A-Thon Questions & Answers
|DALLASPurple Cow RestaurantPreston Royal Shopping Center110 Preston RoyalDallas, TX 75230
||PLANOPurple Cow RestaurantLakeside Market Shopping Center5809 Preston Rd.Plano, TX 75093
||FORT WORTHPurple Cow RestaurantChapel Hill Shopping Center4601 W. FreewayFt. Worth, TX 76107
The Lunch for Life Purple Cow Shake-A-Thon is unique fundraising opportunity with all proceeds benefiting childhood cancer research through the Children’s Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation (CNCF). It’s simple and fun! On May 27, 2008 between the hours of11:00 AM and 9:00 PM the Purple Cow restaurants have agreed to donate 15% of their revenues to the Children’s Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation. Please invite your friends to come and have dinner that night. There will be tons of prizes including a brand new computer and several Apple iPods. Individuals, groups and families can also help increase donations by obtaining sponsors for the number of shakes served at the Shake-A-Thon event in advance of the event.
Here’s how it Works
Set your own personal goal and then collect and raise funds for the Shake-A-Thon based upon the number of milkshakes served during the Lunch for Life Purple Cow Shake-A-Thon.
Set a goal and work to meet your goal! You can obtain pledges based upon the amount of Purple Cow Milkshakes that you anticipate being served or you can ask for a fixed pledge amount for your participation.
Sponsors can be friends, family, co-workers, classmates, friendly neighbors, etc. Anyone that you can think of that wants to help children with cancer – one shake at a time! (Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian when seeking donations) Prizes
- The child or family obtaining the most money in pledges will receive a brand new Apple iPod Classic.
- Each Purple Cow restaurant has designated a local area school. The Dallas location has selected Christ the King School, the Plano location has selected Prestonwood Christian Academy and Fort Worth has selected Southwest Christian School. The designated school that generates the most sales for their location will win a brand new computer.
Fund Raising Tips
- Each location will be hosting a five question trivia quiz. Stop by, order some food, and fill out the trivia quiz. If your correct quiz is selected from the drawing at your store you will win an iPod nano.
Return pledge form and all collected checks promptly to:
- Educate your potential sponsors about neuroblastoma, Lunch for Life, the Children’s Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation, and the mission of the organization.
- Ask your co-workers, friends, and relatives to sponsor you in this great cause.
- Seek out companies that have matching gift programs. Ask around to see if they will match your goal.
- Promote easy donations by encouraging a donated fixed amount (also called a flat pledge). Sponsors can simply donate any contribution amount up front.
- You can seek sponsorship in honor or memory of a loved one. Let your potential sponsors know why the Shake-A-Thon is meaningful to you.
- Design your own sign with your goal and mark your progress.
- Create enthusiasm around your event by encouraging others to get involved and to help you raise money for CNCF!
Children’s Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation, PO Box 6635, Bloomingdale, IL 60108... For more information
call 1-817-846-6085 or email Mark Dungan at mdungan@LunchforLife.org. www.LunchforLife.org